Liquid Desiccant Dehumidification Systems (LDAC) for Temperature, Humidity & Air Quality Control - a wide range of applications at industrial, commercial, institutional, and green/LEED facilities
System Features & Benefits
• Simultaneous Dehumidification and Direct Air Cooling - Simple design provides high energy efficiency
• Microbiological Decontamination - Effective biocide captures and neutralizes airborne pathogens
• Performance Reliability - Non-vaporizing desiccant has indefinite life
• Energy Savings with 100% Modulation Capacity - Less energy required to operate than dry desiccant systems
• Precise Humidity Control (+/- 2%RH) - Fully adjustable humidity level based on liquid desiccant concentration
• Frost Free Cooling - Temperatures as low as -90°F with no coil freeze up or defrost required
• Design Flexibility - Use of hot water or low pressure steam for regeneration and Multiple conditioners with a single regenerator Vertical and horizontal airflow units available Regenerator can be remote from conditioner
• LDAC operate chemical absorption of water vapor from an airstream. The desiccant solution (Liq+) consists of a specific concentration of salt and water. Liq+ will not vaporize and is not affected by common airborne contaminants.
• The ability of Liq+ to remove water vapor from air is determined temperature and concentration of the solution. It can be variable to allow for air to be delivered at any relative humidity between 20% and 80%.
• For any given desiccant concentration, lower solution temperatures enable the dehumidifier to deliver cooler, drier air than other systems. By continuously circulating the desiccant through a heat exchanger, energy is extracted from the air and transferred to a coolant. The amount by the Liq+ dehumidifier is modulated by controlling coolant flow through the heat exchanger.